We believe that to be a human being means to live in relationships, and that building bridges helps communication more than putting up walls. Our school strives to be an inclusive space without physical barriers (we have built a ramp, elevator, toilet for the disabled…), and also without mental barriers, where diversity is welcome.
Thanks to our donors we have been able to offer 10 new scholarships on average each year since school year 2017/2018. At this moment we have 41 students whose study (enrollment fee and tuition fee) is financially supported by our donors or is fully covered by them. In upcoming school year we would also like to offer scholarship to other students who would otherwise not have the chance to study at our school, but in our eyes are a needed part of our Bilgym community.
We are looking for:
- talented and gifted children who are willing to fight for their future
- physically disadvantaged children, children from big families, or children from incomplete families
- children from families living in financially challenging circumstances
Each application will be decided on an individual basis by the committee, which needs to take into account the following inputs, which are also a condition for the scholarship.
- information about the family and the social situation of the family based on:
- Scholarship application
- All the documents listed in the instructions (submitted with the application)
- References provided by the applicants in the application
- Personal interview
- Placement / success in the entrance examination (for new applicants)
- Demonstrated effort in academic and personal progress (for applicants already studying at Bilgym).
LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION FOR THE NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP:
Parents’ or legal guardians’ proof of income:
- Tax office document: „Výpis na účely priznania sociálneho štipendia pre žiakov stredných škôl„ (Income statement for the purposes of social need-based scholarship for high school students for year 2020)
- “Potvrdenie o príjme od zamestnávateľa za posledný kalendárny rok” (Proof of income from the employer for the last calendar year)
- Confirmation of claiming/not claiming of any social benefits (such as child benefit, family benefit, pension, unemployment benefit, maternity grant, etc.) from the Central Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family (ÚPSVaR) or the Slovak Social Insurance Agency
- Alimony payment legal verdict, if relevant
- Approval for processing personal data
Deadline for submitting applications is the same as applications to our school.
via e-mail at katarina.moravkova(at)bilgym.sk
or post it to our school address:
Bilingválne gymnázium C. S. Lewisa
851 04 Bratislava
MORE ON OUR PROJECTS AND ARTICLES BELOW