Guidelines for 2% (3%) donation for employees who asked their employers for an Annual Account (rocne zuctovanie).
- By February 15 ask your employer to fill out an Annual Account for you.
- Then ask your employer to fill out a Confirmation of Tax Payment.
- Based on this confirmation you will find out the date you paid your taxes, and also count the following: 2% of the tax paid – the highest sum you can donate to our organization if you did not work as a volunteer in the past year, or if you worked less than 40 hours as a volunteer. However, the sum must be at least €3. 3% of the tax paid if you worked at least 40 hours as a volunteer in the past year, and you have a confirmation from the organization(s) you worked for during that year.
- Put the exact sum you’d like to donate to us, and other information from the Confirmation of Tax Payment in the Declaration.
- You can opt in to send our organization your personal data (your name and address, not the sum you have donated) – this option is new since 2016. If you decide to let us know you have donated money to us, we will be able to say thank you. However, the tax bureau will provide us with this information next year.
- Both documents – the declaration and the confirmation- must be submitted at the tax bureau according to your permanent residency by April 30.
- If you want to donate 3% of your tax, apart from the Confirmation of Tax Payment and the Declaration, you must also submit a confirmation that you worked at least 40 hours as a volunteer.